Mezzanine floors are intermediate floors that are constructed within a building; the cost is influenced by several key factors - find out what they are here.Read More
Longspan heavy duty shelving is very common in warehouse applications for storing cartons or smaller items of shelf level materials. It is mainly used when manual handling is required, and when lighter-duty shelving systems are not sufficient for the task at hand.
In particular, you will commonly find longspan utilised for manual picking operations, including parts storage, storerooms, parking areas, and due to its versatility, in a number of other operational setups in industrial setting across the industry.
We can help with...
Longspan Shelving Units System Benefits
- Using decking it can be configured to store goods upon the beam levels
- Very common in warehouse applications for storing cartons or smaller items
- Used when manual handling is required, and when lighter duty shelving systems are not sufficient for the task at hand
- Commonly used for manual picking operations including parts storage, storerooms, and packing areas due to its versatility
- Easy assembly process when setting up the shelving units and shelf levels
- Easy access to all inventory items stored
Longspan Racking System Applications
- Standard – Single or double-faced runs for 100% accessibility of all goods and good air flow
- Carton Flow – A configuration fitted with ‘dynamic’ roller beds installed onto the beams which carry cartons and ‘flow’ to the front of the rack
- Mobile – Installed onto mobile ‘carriages’, allowing the entire run to be moved. Enables very dense storage and 100% accessibility, however, it is very slow to operate and there are limitations on design
- Tyre Storage – Longspan can be specially adapted with rounded beams to accommodate the storage of tyres
- Hanging Garment – Tubular beams can be used to enable longspan to store hanging garments
- Multi-Tier – A configuration which has been modified to include ‘floor-beams’, enabling the addition of walkways between the racks to create multiple tiers
Damian Chudleigh Smith
At SEC we work together to deliver the best possible result for you, our customer.
Our dedicated and experienced sales teams, data analysts, designers, project managers and customer service staff communicate and collaborate to design and install the best possible system for your needs. Our staff are your project’s most valuable asset, take time to meet some of them here.Our Team
Service in your industry?
From bulk storage to small parts, having an optimised warehouse storage solution will ensure your operations are efficiency and flexible to changing customer demands and supply chain challenges.
Adaptable warehouse storage solutions keep our customers agile and optimised for a wide range of small, medium and over-sized products. Discover some of the technologies we use to achieve high levels of efficiency.
Providing a welcoming and productive environment for your employees with have long term benefits. Find out more about innovative sustainable solutions for office environments.
eCommerce relies on efficient and streamlined order processing for fast fulfilment to meet the challenges of today’s online demands. Discover a host of technologies that can make this happen.
We understand the need for flexible and adaptable spaces in all types of educational facilities. Our experience includes the design and installation of group study spaces, quiet zones, and breakout and reception areas. We specialise in turnkey solutions that incorporate...
A huge rise in online purchasing means both order fulfilment and returns processes must be as efficient as possible. Discover the latest technology innovations we use to help our fashion retail customers.
Food & Beverages
The Food & Beverage sector has seen a huge increase in the demand for online purchasing as well as more efficient storage solutions due to stock holding. Discover the latest technology innovations we use to help our customers stay fully...
Agility is key for the manufacturing sector. Adapting to changing consumer demands and an uncertain supply chain means warehouse storage systems need to deliver on efficiency and space optimisation.
The Pharmaceutical industry relies on accurate picking, rapid fulfilment and short delivery times. Find out some of the technology innovations we use to help our customer reach their goals.
Ports & Harbours
A crucial line in the supply chain calls for accurate and fast offload, storage and onward distribution with optimised warehouse storage capacity and efficiency of stock movement. Learn about the latest innovations we use to help our customers.
Let our industry experts guide you through your next warehouse storage, commercial interiors or cleanroom project using the latest innovations.
It’s all about efficiency. Retailers must operate streamlined processes with optimised storage capacity to manage customer demands & overcome supply chain challenges. Discover the latest technology innovations to help.
Warehousing & Logistics (3PL)
3PLs rely on optimised storage solutions to deliver the speed, accuracy and flexibility for customers’ fulfilment requirements. Find out how we help 3PLs with a range of technologies and innovations.
Wholesale & Distribution
With the growing trend for online purchasing, integrating intelligent warehouse design and innovative technologies can deliver efficiency and agility. Find out the latest innovations.
The COVID-19 outbreak has meant many changes have had to be made so that things can be adapted to be in line with official guidelines. This most definitely extends to the workplace, including warehouse spaces, and as a result, warehouse design has had to be considered extra carefully.Read More
Want To Know More?
At SEC Storage, we have over 20 years of experience delivering bespoke warehouse storage solutions. Contact us today and our team can guide you towards the ideal shelving storage for your warehouse.