The warehousing industry plays a vital role in the global supply chain - as businesses strive towards a more sustainable future, incorporating eco-friendly practices becomes increasingly important.Read More
Common Types of Warehouse Automation:
There are many automation technologies that could be suitable for your operations, so it’s important to understand what is most relevant and will provide the best efficiencies and ROI.
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs)
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGVs)
- Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS)
- Pick-to-Light and Put-to-Light Systems
- Automated Sortation Systems
- Shuttle Technology
We can help with...
Innovative Warehouse Design for 3PL using AMRs
Nearing completion is a highly intelligent warehouse design involving an innovative AMR robot-system. The Robo-shuttle is a fully-automated tote-retrieval robot, that acts in a Goods-to-Picker capacity in environments up to 8m in height, or higher if combined with a multi-level storage structure.
This system will reduce the quantity of pickers required by almost 90% allowing a transition from scores of pickers down to low single-digits, through the implementation of a small hive of tote-retrieval robots that eliminate virtually all travel distances for picking and put-away.
3D Visualisation of AMR design
As part of our design process, we are able to use our innovative in-house design skills to create a highly accurate 3D walkthrough of a warehouse solution. This enables the customer to enjoy a fully immersive Virtual Reality experience of every aspect of the design solution, and agree the proposed layout before anything is built.
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs) – increasingly affordable option for SMEs to automate key warehouse activities, such as picking, replenishment or sortation. Their in-built intelligence allows them to move around a warehouse or DC facility without pre-defined routes or walkways.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGVs) – work independently from warehouse staff and follow pre-defined routes marked out within a warehouse or distribution centre to assist with a number of warehouse operations.
- Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) – shuttle systems, RFID, barcode scanners, sensors, mini loaders and carrying vehicles can easily pack, store, sort, and retrieve inventory while also optimising the space allocated for such operations.
- Pick-to-Light and Put-to-Light Systems – use mobile barcode scanning devices synced to digital light displays to direct warehouse pickers where to place or pick up selected items. They can dramatically reduce walking and searching time as well as human error in high-volume situations.
- Automated Sortation Systems – identify items on a conveyor system and divert them to a warehouse location using RFID, barcode scanners and sensors. Companies use automated sortation systems in order fulfilment for receiving, picking, packing and shipping.
To identify the optimal solution, we use innovative analysis of operational data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, to assess the warehouse design and use of specific warehouse automation technology for maximum effect.
Computer-controlled systems that use moving vehicles known as shuttles to put away, store and retrieve goods in a racking structure. They minimize the need for forklifts to enter lanes, reducing congestion and enabling warehouses to maximize floor space. Aisles can be built closer together and racks can be expanded horizontally and vertically to accommodate more pallets/SKUs.
Damian Chudleigh Smith
At SEC we work together to deliver the best possible result for you, our customer.
Our dedicated and experienced sales teams, data analysts, designers, project managers and customer service staff communicate and collaborate to design and install the best possible system for your needs. Our staff are your project’s most valuable asset, take time to meet some of them here.Our Team
Service in your industry?
From bulk storage to small parts, having an optimised warehouse storage solution will ensure your operations are efficiency and flexible to changing customer demands and supply chain challenges.
Adaptable warehouse storage solutions keep our customers agile and optimised for a wide range of small, medium and over-sized products. Discover some of the technologies we use to achieve high levels of efficiency.
Providing a welcoming and productive environment for your employees with have long term benefits. Find out more about innovative sustainable solutions for office environments.
eCommerce relies on efficient and streamlined order processing for fast fulfilment to meet the challenges of today’s online demands. Discover a host of technologies that can make this happen.
We understand the need for flexible and adaptable spaces in all types of educational facilities. Our experience includes the design and installation of group study spaces, quiet zones, and breakout and reception areas. We specialise in turnkey solutions that incorporate...
A huge rise in online purchasing means both order fulfilment and returns processes must be as efficient as possible. Discover the latest technology innovations we use to help our fashion retail customers.
Food & Beverages
The Food & Beverage sector has seen a huge increase in the demand for online purchasing as well as more efficient storage solutions due to stock holding. Discover the latest technology innovations we use to help our customers stay fully...
Agility is key for the manufacturing sector. Adapting to changing consumer demands and an uncertain supply chain means warehouse storage systems need to deliver on efficiency and space optimisation.
The Pharmaceutical industry relies on accurate picking, rapid fulfilment and short delivery times. Find out some of the technology innovations we use to help our customer reach their goals.
Ports & Harbours
A crucial line in the supply chain calls for accurate and fast offload, storage and onward distribution with optimised warehouse storage capacity and efficiency of stock movement. Learn about the latest innovations we use to help our customers.
Let our industry experts guide you through your next warehouse storage, commercial interiors or cleanroom project using the latest innovations.
It’s all about efficiency. Retailers must operate streamlined processes with optimised storage capacity to manage customer demands & overcome supply chain challenges. Discover the latest technology innovations to help.
Warehousing & Logistics (3PL)
3PLs rely on optimised storage solutions to deliver the speed, accuracy and flexibility for customers’ fulfilment requirements. Find out how we help 3PLs with a range of technologies and innovations.
Wholesale & Distribution
With the growing trend for online purchasing, integrating intelligent warehouse design and innovative technologies can deliver efficiency and agility. Find out the latest innovations.
Want To Know More?
For assistance with understanding the potential of warehouse automation for your next project to guarantee optimal operational efficiency, contact one of our storage specialists today.